Tuesday, January 23, 2007

RSS Feeds

Over the weekend, I attended a cousin's wedding and went shopping in KL. For the whole weekend!!! I was totally wasted. Not like drunk and drugs ya know. But you know how you put a man under totally wrong conditions so he can't move, can't grow all he can do is to pass time. Now that's wasteful. I did, however get excited about how cheap commodities can be there, also bought cute first-aid box to encourage frequent vitamins intake, as well as to store some of the essential ones. Also, able to access gmail thanks to GPRS Roaming by Singtel- some resemblance of my life in Sg at least. Now that I've got my life back, I plan to start on my really interesting projects! WARNING: Unpacking will be left till the very last minute.

Thanks to Kevin (lecturer) for introducing me to RSS feeds. I know nuts from reading about it, and until I tried it I know bolts. So I put the 2 together and got myself a reader! (From Bloglines) I guess it's true that a lot of what goes on in tech is experential (u gotta experience it to find out). And I also guess that is why people, real geeks will spend hundreds of dollars on a new handphone, only to 'throw' it away quickly later. Like a falling stock. Time is money; the longer they wait, the lesser it will be worth.

So, I finally set up my RSS feeds for the student blogs of com125, as well as a few popular choices like NYT (newyorktimes) homepage, Boing Boing, CNN, BBC, Dilbert, Engadget, Gadgets for women, Quotes of the Day, Wired, Small Business Trends, WSJ, Daily Laughter, Smart Money, Slick Deals, Techbargains…I’m so excited!!! I subscribed to over a hundred feeds, of which 75 is from com125 bloggers la…

I also tried to subscribe to Straits Times Interactive. It's RSS is only available to subscribers. I was shown a page of xml codes like this. What do I do now ah…

Then I went on to edit my subscriptions. Like, I would rather be shown 'complete entries' then just a title. But some don't have the 'complete entry' format, so I'll just have to decipher titles really accurately. I'll probably not read ALL of these daily as a discipline because I'm spoilt for choice!

No comments: