Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Welcome

Hello. and Welcome to my new blog. This would be my 4th, the first being 4 years old and the 2nd occassionally used for long excerpts; the third, a group blog with some of my friends in SIM.

I usually refrain from setting up blogs but wait... I recall owning one more --- a prize-winning one in fact. Not to brag, but I am happy to share with you that I am selected as a December finalist for the Windows Live “Movies on Spaces” Contest! The winning entry is the one on QuinceaƱera. Actually I only wrote 2 reviews. Please vote for me!!! SMS to 73300 MOS[space]NRIC[space]GENDER[space]1

I started writing movie reviews a few years back, on and off, when the movies really left me with a tummy of thoughts, and pasted them on my first blog. I wrote on Matchpoint, The Butterfly Effect and American Beauty, my favourite. It was fun, deciphering images and symbols. Semiotics intrigue me alot. I also re-wrote lyrics and poems for a short period of time. Guess this is what you would call creative writing.

Besides writing, I also like trading. Like many auction sellers, I find items at bargain prices or rare items and sell them at a profit. I started off with selling off my junk during one of the spring cleaning season and realised I really enjoyed it. It's like having a flea market without paying rent and a physical shop. I work primarily at Yahoo! Auctions Singapore but I'm happy to announce that I am breaking into the international market at eBay.com!

5 comments:

Li Rong said...

Awesome! :)) I like ur spaces thing, and the music too (:

Kevin said...

With your experience with online auctions, you should share your experience especially when we talk about internet economies later in the semester. :)

ruz.rasid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow! You are involved in so many things!! It's interesting to read about what you do!! Keep it up and let me know when I got to vote for ya!!

Sham said...

nice blog..like the picture..good luck for the contest..